The GE AMX-4+ packs high performance features into a package that's compact and maneuverable:
- A lightweight handswitch for easier, more comfortable alignment verification and exposure control.
- More flexible, 270-degree column rotation, for faster exam set-up.
- A column-centering detent to speed you on your way.
- Improved stress-relief column support with high-strength base casting and oversized bearings for greater durability.
- Stronger, larger casters and wheels to minimize shock and vibration, improve mobility over rough thresholds.
With qualities like these, the AMX-4+ is destined to remain the world's #1 mobile X-ray system for many years to come.
The image quality of a stationary system
With the AMX-4+, there's no need to choose between patient comfort and quality of exam results. Thanks to capabilities such as these, it delivers the same level of image quality normally achievable with stationary systems:
- Its wide range facilitates even difficult lateral-hip and spine studies.
- Digital microprocessor control delivers extremely accurate and consistent technique output from exposure to exposure, regardless of battery charge.
- Superior generator-output accuracy and reproducibility translate into excellent results the first time.
- Closed-loop feedback regulates kVp throughout exposures, eliminating the voltage fluctuations traditionally associated with mobile units.
Extraordinary reliability and durability
The AMX-4+ has been designed for non-stop performance in even the most taxing “bump and run” environments. Among the reasons:
- Our maintenance-free, rechargeable lead/acid battery produces up to 50 exposures on a single charge.
- A tube arm latch relieves column stress during transport, even over elevator thresholds and hall expansion joints.
- AMX-4+ diagnostic software automatically initiates self-check at start-up and streamlines troubleshooting should a problem arise.
- The handswitch cord has a modular plug to make replacement a breeze.
- Major components are easily accessible for fast servicing
Simplified controls help ensure easy operation. Inherent flexibility meets diverse special care needs. Hallmark mobility and energy capacity deliver the AMX-4+ where and when you need it.
With more than 8,000 systems in use worldwide - more than all other systems combined - the AMX® represents the gold standard in mobile X-ray imaging. A primary reason is the series of innovations pioneered by the AMX engineering staff to improve image quality, enhance reliability, and boost your staff's productivity. Because the GE Continuum mandates helping our customers stay at the forefront of imaging technology, we've introduced the AMX-4+, a system that builds on the AMX legacy to provide you with truly outstanding performance and productivity.
GE and AMX: A winning combination.
The AMX-4+ is backed by the unmatched support you expect from a world leader in diagnostic imaging. It starts with flexible, affordable financing and on-site applications training. And it continues with unsurpassed GE service, provided by one of the industry's largest and best-trained service organizations - a team that's locally based and accessible toll-free, 24 hours a day. For more information on the AMX-4+, please contact your GE representative today.
Fast set-up makes the AMX-4+ ideal for virtually any application. The AMX-4+ puts you on the fast track to greater productivity. The optional cordless TechSwitch™ enables exposures from up to 10.5 m (35 feet) away.
On the fast track to greater productivity.
Driving and positioning the AMX-4+ is easy even for small technologists. Which means they’ll be able to get to patients faster and complete exams more quickly, accommodating the needs of even the busiest facilities. Here are just a few of the features that make this high-productivity performance possible.
- Low collimator park position helps ensure clear visibility during transport.
- Convenient tray puts everything from pens to lead markers to tape at your fingertips.
- Battery-charge status and diagnostic message display keep operators posted.
- Pressure-sensitive power steering provides complete control over continuously variable speeds of up to 4.8 km/h (3 mph); dead-man switch provides instant braking.
- Collimator light controllable from exposure handswitch lets you double-check alignment prior to exposure.
- Cassette drawer with divider tab keeps up to ten 35 x 43 cm (14”x17”) films on hand.
- Narrow footprint takes the AMX-4+ into crowded quarters.
- O.75 mm focal spot tube delivers excellent image quality
- Lightweight collimator and highleverage handles make tube positioning fast and easy; a counterbalanced yoke keeps it in place without cumbersome twist locks.
- One-touch lock release and 270˚ column rotation speeds set-up and positioning.
- Convenient external tape measure automatically retracts for effortless replacement.
- High-visibility digital readouts make it easy to see kVp and mAs even from a distance.
- Integrated front bumper activates brake upon contact.
- Oversized 8” front casters help the AMX-4+ glide over rugged terrain, minimizing shock and vibration in the process.
- Dual-drive motors operate independently, allowing the unit to turn within its own radius for excellent maneuverability.